Android 5.1.1 is out as well but why people keep downgrading to kitkat
? Reason is honor 4C drains too much battery on android lollipop as well as storage becomes another problem if you install android 5.1.1.
So here is the guide to downgrade honor 4C to kitkat
from android lollipop. Some time there might be some problem in downgrading Huawei Honor 4C CHM U01
but don’t worry I got it all covered just read the whole post follow all steps.
Note: UptoAndroid will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
Backup all important data on internal storage before performing upgrade. Internal Storage will be completely wiped after upgrade. Ensure battery is fully charged or at least 30%. Do not press any button nor attach your phone to charger after the upgrade process is initiated.
Downgrading from Lollipop to Kitkat
- In Case you have Custom Recovery Installed: Flash stock recovery
- In Case your Device is Rooted: Download your current ROM installed and flash it using any method here.
- Download Kitkat ROM depending on your region from “Prerequisites” before you begin.
- Extract the downloaded *.zip or *.rar file.
- Copy dload folder (contains UPDATE.APP in it) and paste it in root of your SD Card. (There may be multiple dload folder or UPDATE.APP files copy the one with larger size. You must copy it in root of your SD card)
- Now go to Settings > Updates > Menu > Local Update > Full Package:UPDATE>APP and press install.
- Your phone will reboot. After installation use power button to power on your phone.
- First boot will take some time.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully downgrade your honor 4c from lollipop to Kitkat 4.4.2.
Software Installation Failed
In case you got an error on flashing kitkat 4.4.2 like if it says “Incompatibility with current version. Please download the correct package” follow this